Summer is officially over now that school is back in session. Calla has been thrilled about going back. Seeing friends and art class and riding the bus are all she has talked about for the last several weeks. Now that it is here, she is ecstatic. Her first day went great, meeting new friends and catching up with old ones, getting a new teacher and having bragging rights to the 2nd grade hallway (quite a promotion from the K-1st hall). Every night she comes home bubbling with new, exciting stories. 
On the other hand, Noah was not looking forward to school at all. He has been dreading his first day for weeks with constant pleas that I look into home schooling. As his first day neared, his nervous anticipation increased as his fingernails decreased. Jeff and I had several long talks about how much he would love school and the fun of learning and making new friends, but to no avail. Finally, the day dawned and after an enjoyable morning of picking out his favorite breakfast and packing a special lunch, I took him in to school. Once there he seemed to be just fine and went with his teacher happily. When he got off the bus, he was all smiles. Turns out he really had a great time on his first day and was actually looking forward to going back. Amen.
On a lighter note, when I arrived at the school to drop Noah off I ran into Calla's Kindergarten teacher. She made the comment "another one?". Thinking that she meant my burgeoning belly, I giggled and said "I guess I look the same to you as I did two years ago on Calla's first day!". Turns out she was talking about Noah being in school already and didn't even notice my pregnant stomach until I had said something. Now there is a teacher who is really focused on the children! After a good laugh, I told her that we would be back down this hall dropping off a Kindergartner every two years until 2015...at least.
This was actually Calla's second day, hence the different outfit, since Kindergartners have different start days.

Making sure everything is accounted for.
Friends at the bus stop. Emma, Sydney, Calla, Taylor and Noah.
1 comment:
Praise the Lord for a great start to the school year! So glad that all went well & that Calla & Noah are both loving school! That's so cute about the comment Calla's old teacher made & so neat to think you have many more "first day of school" to look forward to! I especially love the group shot at the bus stop.
Post a Comment