Well this week certainly had its ups and downs. We had a fabulous time at a friends lake house on Saturday enjoying some great fellowship and delicious food. The kids got to try a lot of new things like riding on a boat, jet ski and tubing.




Sunday we were so beat that after church the whole family came home and slept. On Monday, the real fun began. My Mom offered to take Calla and Noah for another sleep over which worked out perfectly for Jeff and I. We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this week and wanted to go out to dinner. It is so much easier to find childcare for two than four. So, Monday started out simply enough, get up, eat breakfast, get dressed and drop kids off at Grandma's. When we got home, Bella and Micah were extra ornery and if you add that to my highly charged hormonal state, it turned out to be a rough day. No naps and a lot of misbehavior and I was ready for dinner and down time. When I finally got to sneak away for two minutes to change my clothes for our evening out, Bella and Micah decided to "spruce up" Micah's room with baby powder (2 full bottles). With no time to spare, they went to our wonderful friends house, who were sitting for us, covered in powder with one emotional stressed mom tagging behind.


After a lovely dinner and some much needed couple time I was ready to start again fresh. The cheesecake we had for dessert didn't hurt either. Cheesecake heals all wounds!
On a brighter side, Calla and Noah had a wonderful couple days with Grandpa and Grandma. They got to go bowling again, see a movie, play putt putt and lots of other fun games. The little ones and I had a nice relaxing Tuesday with our highlight being a trip to the grocery store. Although, can you really call Harris Teeter a grocery store? To our kids it is a mini amusement park. We picked up a redbox, got cookies, balloons and yummy treats.
Now that the whole family is back home, we have settled quickly back into our old routine. I think we will enjoy the park tomorrow and then get home and pack for our anniversary/family beach trip. Once I get a little ocean air I can't help but be in a great mood, or at least my family hopes so:)
Calm Back-to-School Worries: DIY Worry Monsters
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
We had so much fun with you all at the lake! Hang in there, you'll be snuggling this sweet baby boy before you know it! Enjoy your beach vacation & some much needed down time enjoying the sea air & surf! Can't wait to see pics!
We've had this same thing happen at our house...except it was flour and baking soda. We still have some in the TV to show for it! :-)Glad you were still able to go out!
Post a Comment