Monday, April 30, 2012

Spring Break - Sunset Beach (Part 2)



Sunset Beach.  Truly the most beautiful beach on the east coast, but then I am a little bias:)  We enjoyed a wonderful long weekend to end Spring Break at the beach with my parents.
 
 
 


At the condo, we stayed right beside a turtle pond, full of baby turtles.
 

We all loved running over the bridge to the pool and dipping our toes in, but with temps in the 60's that is all we dipped:)
 

Back on the beach we played football...
 
 

And Elijah got his first taste of sand.
 


Looks like it wasn't as good as it looked!
 
 
 

The next morning we went for a swim...in the indoor pool.


Then a quick snack before heading to Myrtle Beach for some boardwalk fun...

arcade time...
Daddy's little protege.

 ice cream of course...
chasing waves (or in Bella's case, running from them)...

investigating a jellyfish with cousin Erica...
and even a quick photo op!




On our last day we started our morning out with breakfast on the beach (homemade by McDonalds).





Then lots of playing and wearing sand.






Chasing down a Frisbee in a very cold ocean.

Calla and her brothers dug a very big hole.  Noah missed out on the hole digging fun since he was in Tennessee, although I don't think he minds.

 After our morning at the beach we stopped at the park to play a little tennis and grab some lunch.



 What a fabulous Spring Break, now I just need to recover:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh - the beach - looks like so much fun - glad you guys got away for a break :)

Celia Jimenez said...

Fun...fun...fun!!! I am a teensy bit jealous!!! But so glad y'all got to enjoy the beach and some fun family time too!

Melanie said...

Looks like such a wonderful & fun trip! I love the pic of you & Jeff on the beach, very pretty! Awesome pics of the whole weekend!