Jeff and I went on our first date in over a year! He whisked me off to a romantic afternoon picnic at the Van Landingham Estate. While we had hoped to picnic in the surrounding gardens, the weather was a bit to chilly for that. Instead we dined in the cozy parlor and then walked the grounds after a lovely lunch.
Our delicious spread!
Jeff reading poetry by Emily Dickinson.
Quite possibly my last relaxing moment for several weeks!
Beautiful gardens.
And after all of that wonderful food, Jeff still snuck in a trip for ice cream sundaes!
Last weekend, Noah and Calla took a cooking class in town during the Spring Fest. They took turns making homemade pasta and rolling it flat to make ravioli. Calla helped make a delicious ricotta filling and then they filled and pinched each one. The kids loved the class and Noah has a real gift for cooking, I however enjoyed sampling their creations the best!
Noah rolled out one of the longest pieces. It was so long the instructor of Tiny Chefs had to help him hold it up!
YUM!!!
I guess it is not all fun and games here in the Davis household. Bella had to see a neurologist for an EEG to rule out some serious medical conditions. We are hopeful that these will reveal nothing of concern. She sure was a trouper for the technician administering the test. After placing all of the wires, she had to be wrapped in gauze and then lay still until she fell asleep. The sleeping part came much easier than I thought, although we did have to keep her up the night before until midnight and then wake her that morning at 6am. I myself was struggling to stay awake!
Bella was such a good sport, she even seemed to enjoy getting all the attention.
AWANA award night came with much excitement as well. Calla received her TNT first book award with a beautiful etched "medal" and pin. Noah also did well finishing the year strong with a participation certificate.
While most of the week centered around the older children, Nehemiah never let an opportunity slip away unnoticed.
After dinner with friends one evening, we glanced out at the kids playing happily in the backyard, only to discover that Nehemiah decided that he would enjoy the evening sans diaper and clothing!!
Donuts for breakfast, a family favorite.
Taking a break...all of this being cute is hard work!
And finally, a typical, yes typical day at Grandma and Grandpa's which always seems to involve more activities and treats in a few hours than I can muster the energy for in a whole week! First we washed the BIG van.
We had lots of great little helpers.
Then a much needed Popsicle break.
Followed by...baseball...
tennis...
and football!
So what do you do after all of that? Go to the DQ of course!
And then head home for a long nap! It may be a lot of fun to be a Davis, but it is also very exhausting:)
4 comments:
Oh, I love that picture of you relaxing!! You need to frame that so you can remember what it felt like to sit & relax, lol!
What fun times in the Davis family!! I don't know how you guys can fit so much fun into each day, but you sure make it look easy and, well, FUN!!
Praying for great results from Bella's test!
I am so glad you and Jeff got to get away! What a blessing a little R & R can be!!! And I agree with Melanie! You are a mom on the move, but having LOTS of fun along the way!!
Whew...good grief girl!!! And you're not in labor yet? I love the pic of you relaxing at the VanLandingham Estate. So glad you got to spend some alone time with hubby and resting too! Can't wait to meet this new precious little Davis...and I still hold fast to the statement...it sure does look like fun to be a Davis!!! :-)
uumm, i'm tired. really tired. and all i did was read this! you are the mom of all moms - way to go in keeping kids busy, entertained, along with dressed and fed. :) SO HAPPY you had a night away before the new one comes. and, prayers for bella as you wait on next steps.
Post a Comment