Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pregnancy Pinterest Projects!

Every pregnancy I go through a creative firestorm.  It is like I can't get enough crafting, yet I don't have enough time:(  Ahh, but with my introduction to Pinterest, I can find tons (literally tons) of projects that fit my timetable, or lack thereof!
First up, a wreath to welcome summer that I crafted together with my good friend Rebecca.  I loved the way these turned out and they were so easy. My only suggestion is to find a friend since you will only use either all left or all right shoes:)


Next up, marshmallow shooters.  Also super easy and rewarding since it only took about 30 minutes to make several!



My biggest project by far (which required a little help from my stepdad and husband) was a pallet turned rolling deck bar.  Honestly, this is the one project that could not have turned out better and with a little stain, I think it looks pretty good too:)

Although had to see, the snacks on the bar were a pinterest dessert that the kids made: Strawberry Shortcake Kebobs.


Now on to school gifts.  For teacher appreciation, the kids made bags of popcorn and M&Ms for each teacher.

 
And for the last day of school, each teacher either got a waterbottle filled with KoolAid or a monogrammed bag filled with summer goodies. 




My neighbor and I made goodie bags for Bella's kindergarten class filled with book plates, a bookmark and a bag of "book worms"!


I also played with my new embroidery machine as well.  I had so many opportunities to create personalized baby items for friends and babies this year. 


My neighbor loved the diaper strap and matching onesie and my other neighbor enjoyed the 4th of July shirts for her two little ones.

But that doesn't mean I forgot our own little one either!


I had fun designing and sewing this little pillowcase dress for Lyla as well as some cute hair flowers as well.


These little silk flowers were so super easy that even Calla jumped in and helped.  Just cut a circle, make a few slits and CAREFULLY hold over an open flame until the fabric curls.  I see these being a staple for me and the girls.



Now that I am down to the last few weeks, I am glad I got all of my creativity out early in the summer, because now I have none left:)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

LOVE all your creative ideas! That pillowcase dress is too sweet, and those flower ribbon hair bows are AWESOME!! I'm going to have to try some for my girls!!!! Now go put your feet up and REST!

Unknown said...

Love the rolling cart for the deck and all the baby goodies. You'll have to give me a quick tutorial on those hair bows - too cute!

Melanie said...

Impressive, impressive, impressive! Girl, you have got it going on! I don't know how you do it all!
I love ALL of the projects! I'm with Rebecca, I'd love a quick tute on those pretty bows...is that satin fabric or ribbon? They turned out SO pretty!
Great job on the rolling deck bar, also! How fun...now just to keep the kids from using it as a big skate board ;-)
Looks like you are keeping that new embroidery machine busy! I'll say it again, IMPRESSIVE!!!