Summertime is always a kids favorite season, but maybe none more so than my Calla. She loves everything about summer, especially her birthday!
But before her party, we were able to participate in another summer favorite, VBS!!
This year over 600 kids were involved in Calvary's VBS and that meant lots of little hearts being reached and hands...doing crafts:) One would think that after a week of crafts with little ones I would have remembered to take one picture, but sadly you would be wrong. Somehow I completely forgot. When I did finally pull out the camera it was the last day and I was able to snap just a few quick pictures of the closing.
This year Calla's birthday party was Olympic-themed. We had lots of Americana snacks and even popcorn torches.
Jeff made up lots of super girly Olympic sports although our outside time got cut short by the 106 degree temps.
We cooled off a bit with some red, white and blue snow cones.
Calla's gifts included every girly item available: stickers, a journal, pink and purple pens, a purse, nail polish with jewels, earrings and cash!
And before everyone left...a "Go for the Gold" goodie bag.
The next week Aunt Linda took Calla for a fun girls day. They watched Rapunzel at the playhouse, ate lunch at Olive Garden, swam at the pool for hours, got pedicures, dinner at cookout and finally came home 12 hours later!!
For years I have been telling Jeff about a park in Lancaster, SC that I had been to with the kids. However, it seems as though every time we drive all the way out, I forget how to get there and we end up lost. This time was NO different:) We ended up lost for quite a while until I finally found the park (with the help of the GPS).
Mommy trying to steal a kiss!
The kids love playing on the retired firetruck.
Daddy with his crew being sweet and silly.
My boys showing off their skills.
One of the best parts of our afternoon was creating a new tradition. With temps in the 100's all week, we needed to cool down after our park trip. A quick stop at Walmart for a new DVD and on to Sonic for lunch where we all got corn dogs and slushies. I think we will dub this the Davis Family Drive In since dinner and a movie with our crew might otherwise be a bit pricey:)
2 comments:
Looks like y'all are having a great summer so far!!!
Ha ha...you are so me...I tried to take as many pics as I could on the very LAST day of VBS! :-) At least we got everyone there...everyday..somewhat on time! :-0
Love that cake...that is such a great idea. Girl, you have such fun with your kids!!!
I wanna try that park out...but I might have to wait till it cools off! :-)
Post a Comment