Thursday, May 10, 2012

Strawberry Festival


This past weekend we went to Fort Mill, SC for the Strawberry Festival.  It was amazing, great food, tons of space, no crazy carnival games and plenty of wonderful fair food.  I think it was the best "fair" experience ever as a family.

The kids got to choose 2 rides each.  Most of them wanted at least one ride on the Berry Go Round. 


Noah chose the one game they did have, although everyone got a prize so it was worth it.  Now we are the proud owners of a 5 foot inflatable alien:)

Next Calla took a ride on the swings...


And the boys tackled the climbing wall.
 

Finally after lots of fun in the sun, we cooled off with some Shaved Ice.
 

Back at the festival, we found a bike safety tent.  Each child got a new bike helmet properly fitted and an opportunity to ride a bike around an obstacle course (to try them out of course!).

The kids had a ball and worked up an appetite, so we were off to find more food.
 

And we found it!  French fries...
 


and a funnel cake, my first. 

Although it certainly won't be my last:)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I TOTALLY forgot this was happening! Argh! But, I'm so happy your darling family had a fun time out. Great weather with yummy treats and lots of space to run and play and laugh and make memories? I'm all about that!

Celia Jimenez said...

Seriously that was your FIRST funnel cake??? With all your trips to Dworld? Girl, you were missing out! I'm surprised you shared only ONE...there would be a pic of me having my own...and all the other kids having theirs! :-) Sounds like a great time. I'll def have to mark the calendar for that next year!