
Poor Fall, or more specifically Thanksgiving. It is the forgotten holiday. With Christmas music on the radio and fall decor 70% off in most stores, one would think we are securely in the Christmas season, but alas there is still one important day left before we say goodbye to Fall...Thanksgiving.
I guess you can't really blame retail, aside from grocery stores, there is very little money to be made on Thanksgiving. In our marketing-rich culture that equals, Christmas comes early and Thanksgiving gets pushed aside.
Well not in our household!
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Families together, tons of great food and most importantly a reflection on the abundant blessings Christ has showered on all of us. In an effort to give a little love to Thanksgiving, I did several fall crafts this month. I am a chronic starter of things, but I definitely struggle with the finishing up of projects. What I need is a little accountability:) My good friend Rebecca provided that, meeting with me once or twice a month so that we could start and FINISH some crafts.
Pinterest inspires me (if you are wondering where I get my ideas) and Rebecca keeps me on task to complete what I start.
Fun themed hair clips.

Fun, not-so-themed, hair clips.
And along the hair accessory line, something we have needed for a very long time, a headband holder.
Can't leave the boys out! This is a scarf for Noah.

A turkey taggie that was a bit cuter in my head than in person. That may have something to do with the fact that I am not a great seemstress and obviously cannot sew a circle:)

Attempt #2. Yikes! Not much better, possibly worse, but I know one person who didn't mind my creative sewing at all.

Yep, definitely my biggest fan.


And lastly my crowing achievement! This thankfulness board has been on my to-do list for far to long so I am thrilled to finally see it realized. I love the idea of adding to this every year with the cards in each pocket showing what we are thankful for that day of November. What a beautiful way to capture memories and moments. I love that this is quite big as well, reminding everyone who sees it that we have so much to be thankful for in our lives.
I plan to do a similar project on the back side of this board with an advent calender, lets just say the pictures will come...soon;)
5 comments:
love, Love, LOVE all of the crafts!! I am impressed! Especially love the Thankfulness board! We have been recording our thankful things every day this month, but I love the idea of collecting them in little slots on the board. I just saw it on Pinterest, so I'm going to have to check out the tutorial! I think I already have the supplies on hand! And that headband holder is GENIUS! Did you have a tutorial for that, as well. We NEED one! Love your ideas, inspiration & follow-through! The finished projects are GREAT! And I actually thought the Turkey taggie is adorable! I liked it a little "not perfect" because it just seems right! Blessings sweet & crafty friend!
Whoa...come on now...I was hoping that at least ONE of my friends was not super talented in the craft department. But I guess I am alone! These are so super cute! And I really love the thankfulness board. What a great idea!!! And its beautiful! I think the taggie is adorable...can't even see where you went wrong! Kuddos for starting and FINISHING your projects!
Oh girl...I LOVE all your little craft projects. Seriously, nothing excites me more, or gives me more satisfaction than starting AND finishing a little craft project! It's so rewarding:) LOVE all your ideas!!! Great job!!!
Yippeee!! So glad you got the thankful board done. The headband hanger was my favorite from the day - although I think we need a second one here :). Thanks for providing the tea, music and company to craft!
oh dear... you make amazing cakes AND you are nifty with a hot glue gun?! i think our friendship will come to a standstill because i'm inept in BOTH areas! :)
seriously, darling hair bows (when annalyse actually gets hair i may come knocking on your door).
and the thankful board - great idea and such a special "advent" type thing to do with your kids. i may be attempting to do something like that next year...!
Post a Comment