Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Card Sneak Peek!

This past weekend was so beautiful with the awesome weather and the changing leaves, we decided to take some family pictures in the hopes of getting some shots good enough for our Christmas card. We dropped by our friends the Jones, who graciously accepted our last minute plans, and got a few shots of their family as well. After just a few mini-meltdowns (most of them by me!) we let the kids just do their own thing. Wouldn't you know, those were some of the best shots of the day.

Oh how I love those blue, blue eyes!

I try so hard to keep this cute little face in mind when he is being ornery...which is pretty much always!

Noah and this football have been attached all weekend. He took it everywhere, seriously, everywhere. We had to pry it out of his hands for a couple shots, but managed to get one or two sans football. I think he may have slept with it Sunday night:)

Caroline took awesome pictures, or should I say Jeff took awesome pictures of a very photogenic Caroline.

Calla showing off her acorn collection.

Soon we moved inside for some pictures in front of the fireplace and then on to lunch.

These two had enough pictures:)

One quick call and the Vaughn's joined us, let the party begin. The guys watched the game while us ladies kept ourselves busy.

Claire certainly was a big help. I wonder if I can hire her to babysit?

Back outside to run off some steam, I took charge of the camera and got a few shots of my own!

Sweet sisters.

Silly kids!

Finally the guys joined us outside for, what else, more football!

After such a wonderful day spent with great friends and (hopefully) some terrific photos, it was our Heavenly Father, the first and greatest artist, that had the last word, er shot, umm picture, well you know what I mean.

The best photo of the night:)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Was this Sunday night? The sunset was SO amazing on our way back to church...truly God's amazing handiwork on display! And you got a GREAT shot of the colors! Amazing!
And I LOVE all of the wonderful pics for your Christmas cards! The girls look so pretty in their purple! And little Nehemiah is so stinkin' cute! Elijah is getting so big, what a cutie pie! Great pic of you & Jeff on your sidebar, too! Love all the pics & now I can't wait to see your Christmas cards!!
Sounds like a lovely afternoon spent with great friends! (And I love the little peaks of the Joneses new house & yard, it looks beautiful!)

Celia Jimenez said...

The pics are super great! How fun to have "last minute friends" that just go with the flow! Love the pics of the kids just having fun!