This past Saturday was Jeff's 35th birthday and we had the honor of sharing it with some great friends, the Walfords at the Biltmore Estate. For those of you waiting until your children are older, calmer, less destructive to visit, I say "embrace the challenge:)".
And because we thought this wasn't crazy enough, Jeff enjoyed his birthday dinner at one of the beautifully appointed restaurants on the Biltmore property. Linen tablecloths and napkins, soft classical music and a very attentive and professional staff. I was expecting a few stares gazes as we walked to our tables (which we got, along with whispers and some pointing), but all in all the kids behaved marvelously and even received a few commendations from guests and a few sighs of relief from the servers!
Finally we went outdoors to walk off some of our delicious meal.
Breathtaking!
Boys will be boys!
Elizabeth and Calla being cute:)
Micah wandering aimlessly.
A wonderful day making memories and spending time with friends. I would have called it a success right then, but Ginger couldn't stand to let Jeff's birthday pass without a cake. Once we got back to the Walford's home, Ginger prepared a fantastic buffet as well as decorated an ice cream cake, all in 30 minutes!
YUM!!!
I am not sure there is a better way to spend a birthday, great friends, great food, great memories!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to Jeff! Looks like a most wonderful way to celebrate! I keep wanting to check that restaurant out, looks fantastic & nice for the whole family! What a special day, full of special memories! I love all of the pictures, especially the one of the boys playing! And the fall color looks gorgeous!
Happy Birthday to Jeff - and hats off to you and Ginger for the "challenge" - you both do it so gracefully :) - Beautiful pictures!
what a FANTASTIC way to celebrate a birthday! family, friends, food... and amazing views and colors and sights! perfect.
and, you, yes YOU, are amazing to take your kids there and trust them to behave so wonderfully. actually, YOU are amazing mom who has taught and trained them wonderfully!
Post a Comment