It turns out this little guy didn't want to play by the rules at all! Last week (June 2nd) I had gone to the doctor only to be told that this baby boy was ready to be born at any minute, even though my due date was a week and a half away. While most women nearly 9 months pregnant would be overjoyed at this news, I was a nervous wreck since my main source of babysitting was my mother who was leaving for a beach vacation for four days. Jeff and I scrambled to make other arrangements with friends and then anxiously waited out the weekend.
However, nothing happened! Early the next week I had a few appointments and then the kids end of year celebrations on Thursday (post to come). Truth be told, Thursday afternoon would have been the perfect time to have the baby even though I was going to be induced Friday morning. That way, at least Jeff could go to Bella's Pre-K graduation Friday. With absolutely NOTHING happening on Thursday in the way of contractions, I packed my bag and finished up some house cleaning before our early morning trip to the hospital.
To my complete surprise, I had a few painful contractions around 7:00pm. So painful in fact, we thought it might be a good idea to make arrangements to head to the hospital. With a 50 minute drive ahead, we asked a neighbor to watch the kids and finally left the house around 8:00pm. At the hospital, Jeff dropped me off out front and went to park the car. By the time he joined me in the L&D room, I was ready to push! Eighteen minutes later Elijah James was born, without an epidural:( but perfectly healthy and so adorable!
Now that we have had a few days to enjoy Elijah I certainly cannot imagine our family without him. To say that he is loved is an understatement. With so many children begging to hold him and cuddle him, I think he may never be put down.
Just hours old!

Daddy love:)
My hand is big compared to his little body.
The kids loved meeting their little brother!

Even Nehemiah is thrilled to be a big brother now!
3 comments:
Soooooo precious and sweet! Stephanie, he is absolutely adorable! I am so glad it was a safe and QUICK delivery! Praise the Lord!!! I love all the pictures of the kids holding him...so glad everyone is quite taken with the little sweetie! Can't wait to meet him! Congratulations!!!
Happy tears over here! Elijah James is completely precious! What a sweet blessing & also a sweet blessing that he came so quickly!!! And Sophie thinks he chose a great day to be born!! All of the pictures are adorable & I love how all of the big brothers & sisters are beaming!! Congratulations guys, we can't wait to meet him!!
Awww...welcome to the world Mr. Elijah James!!! We can't wait to meet and snuggle you!!!
Post a Comment