Monday, April 4, 2011

The Birthday Boy

Look at that smile!
April 3rd, seven years ago I was laying in a hospital bed cuddling my first born son. That night I had several nurses come in to check my heartrate, IV, temperature, you name it I had the most popular room on the maternity floor. While I like to believe it was because I had the cutest baby boy those nurses had ever seen, it may have had something to do with the fact that our room was one of the only ones with the basketball game on. Noah Jeffrey Davis was born at 2:30 in the afternoon on Final Four Saturday and Jeff couldn't be happier that his son came on such an epic night.
Seven years later, we still can't get enough of this caring and compassionate, crazy and competitive, clever and charismatic kid! We spent Noah's birthday this year at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They ordered a lovely dinner and then we had a fabulous ice cream cake for dessert, basketball themed of course. Lastly, we enjoyed the beautiful day playing baseball, taking a walk and looking for the perfect rock in Grandpa's rock pile. Someone really loved her cake!Star Wars and Mario themed presents:)

I think Daddy found the perfect rock.

After a huge dinner and ice cream cake what else do you do at Grandma's...eat Popsicles of course!

Another perfect birthday!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

love, love, LOVE the last picture of the gparents holding hands with the kids! darling! and, happy bday to your sweet little man who is, indeed, a charmer and cutie.

Melanie said...

Sarah took the words right out of my mouth! LOVE that last pic of the kids with the grands! Looks like Noah had a wonderful 7th birthday! These kids sure are growing up! Love his toothless smile! Sophie just lost her 2nd top tooth yesterday!