March is always a crazy busy month for us. With the end of Upward Basketball and Cheerleading, a baby shower I was hosting for a good friend, my birthday and of course, hours and hours of NCAA Basketball on TV, this March was no different.
The end of Upward was bittersweet. The kids LOVED cheering and playing for the league, however the three nights of practice and the two days of games made little time for anything else the last eight weeks.
The kids last game was on the morning of March 12th, significant because everything in the whole world seemed to be scheduled on that day as well. After the games, we hurried back to prepare the house for a baby shower for my good friend Missy. The picnic theme was perfect with the beautiful weather and everything went off smoothly! But before we could enjoy the shower, we had 3 kids to drop off at two different birthday parties. Finally, evening came and everyone returned home. I think I am still recovering from that weekend!
Missy and her sweet daughter Paige.
Beautiful diaper cake that Susan made for the shower.
I also celebrated my birthday on the first FULL day of spring (the 21st). It was a gorgeous day and a wonderful way to welcome early thirties:)
Lastly, there is tons of basketball around our house. It seems like the ONLY thing on television is basketball anymore. Not surprisingly, Jeff got Noah a full size basketball goal for an early birthday gift, and they have been playing on it almost non-stop since we set it up. Jeff jokingly told Noah when it was built, that he would have to practice everyday after homework and that he couldn't come inside until he made 100 shots. Wouldn't you know, Noah doesn't get the joke and I hear him outside counting his buckets every afternoon! Micah now officially gets the smaller hoop to himself. He was so excited he played in his Superman costume!
This is why we are always late to church! I ran in to get my bible on Sunday morning and when I came back out, everyone was shooting baskets instead of loading up in the van.
Ahh, all that basketball has done its job.
2 comments:
I love your wonderful family! And, I love that you keep them busy and occupied so there is no time to get bored or in trouble. :) Seriously, you are a wonderful Mom. The picnic theme for the baby shower was a great idea - I may need to steal that one sometime.
LOL, that last picture is hysterical! Love those worn out boys!
I'm SO glad to see pictures of the shower for Missy! I was SO bummed to miss it & agree with Sarah that the picnic theme is just perfect! Everything looked beautiful!
Whew, that is a busy March you guys had, but it sure sounds fun!! Blessings dear friend!
Post a Comment