Friday, September 17, 2010

The Sun Sets On Summer

What else can I say about the beach this year? We started out our summer with a trip to Sunset Beach, NC and it seemed like a fitting way to end our summer as well. So Labor Day weekend we packed up the kids and headed to the ocean. Of all our vacation spots, I just love the beach the most. The kids can run, be as loud as they want and it never seems that hot, even when the thermometer is reaching up toward 100 degrees! Hunting for the perfect seashell.I think Nehemiah found one! The wind was so strong that getting the kites up in the air was a "breeze"! Noah wanted to see what would happen if you let it go, then Jeff got to chase it down and I do mean chase. Heading for the ocean, next year he will be walking!The boys made up a sand game where you try and roll a ball into a sand pit from certain lengths. Obviously Daddy won this round. Going... Going... GONE!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love all of your beach photos, they really capture a spirit of fun & family & good times! It is fitting that you guys would open & close your summer at the beach...but I am jealous!!
Very sweet post!

Jenny said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous time!!! Sweet, sweet pics!