Friday, September 24, 2010

The Sky's The Limit!

At least it is at Sky Top Orchard. After church Sunday, we met up with some great friends and drove up to the mountains to go apple picking. Now some of you may remember that we just went apple picking last month, but I am here to tell you that this is one event that never gets old! Plus, we got four entirely different varieties of apples than we did the first time. Aside from the ferocious heat, the afternoon was picture perfect, no literally! With our family of seven outnumbered by the Walfords family of eight, I think some people thought we were taking a class field trip! Fortunately we were all color coordinated so it wasn't hard to tell which kids went with which family.Our lovely bunch!Getting so big this year.Since we left directly after church, we decided to have a picnic lunch once we got there. I have seen all-you-can-eat buffets with less food:)Look at those amazing mountain views, truly spectacular!The walk back up the mountain with three half bushels of apples in 90 degree heat was SO difficult! The kids are enjoying a much deserved slushy and donut.Picture Perfect!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love all of the photos! No matter the weather, Sky Top is always a fun place to go...but that walk back up the hill with baskets full of apples IS brutal!