Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Milestones

August 29, 2010 was a very special day indeed, my Mom celebrated her sixtieth birthday. Most women would hate it if their daughter posted their age on the Internet, but I think my mom is rather proud of her past sixty years! And lets face it, she certainly doesn't look or act her age! I mean that all in the best possible way:)
This year we headed to Albemarle for a special birthday lunch with Mom and Steve. For her birthday, Jeff and the kids picked out 60 fun little treats for her to enjoy, and I got her a gift card to the local spa. Personally, I think she liked her 60 little treats even better! That's alright, Nehemiah gave her the best gift when he took his first steps right into Grandma's arms. It is hard to beat that.

They may not look fancy, but the coconut pecan filling was divine.

Everyone enjoyed the cupcakes:)

I think Nehemiah is dressed appropriately to play with the General Lee!

Everyone getting ready to go down to the basement-o-fun.

The fort Grandpa made the kids.A wagon ride from Bella, watch out:)

In other breaking news, Micah is now fully potty-trained. This weekend we went to the beach and left the diapers and pull-ups at home! No accidents even during the four hour car trip nor during the night in the rented condo (thank goodness). So my little boys are growing up. Micah makes sure that you no longer call him a little boy, he is now a big boy like Noah. And soon Nehemiah will be walking all over the place. Sniff, Sniff it makes me sad to see my babies grow up.

No comments: