As I celebrate another birthday, I reflect on the past year and on the wonderful blessings God has given me and our family. But this year, He gave me quite a surprise on my birthday...a sunburn! Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, just shocked. Every year since I was a child, the first day of Spring came in cold and usually overcast. I can even remember a few birthdays with snow still on the ground. As a kid I longed for a pool party or at least a birthday outdoors, but *sigh* it was not to be.
But this year was special. Saturday dawned clear and sunny and quickly turned warm with temps reaching the high 70s. I had a great birthday spent with Jeff and the kids and my parents. Steve brought over his lawn plugger and aerated the yard in between taking the kids for tractor rides. Mom walked up to the park with the kids, while Nemi and I caught up on some shopping. Back at home, Jeff seeded and fertilized the front yard before we all met up for a great lunch of seafood and fried chicken. When we finally did drag the kids back inside and gave them all baths, we found an unusual sight. They too were sunburned...in March. That is crazy and wonderful all at the same time. Kinda like my life!
A quick game of HORSE while Grandpa plugs the yard.
Everyone gets a ride on the tractor!
Nemi had a great day too!!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday! Sounds like y'all had fun! I can't believe how big Nehemiah is getting! He's so cute!!!
What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday & a beautiful day, indeed! Love all of the photos! Nemi is adorable & I see some little teeth in there, so cute!!
Happy Birthday Stephanie! It looks like you enjoyed a glorious day! Nemi is just too cute! Love those cheeks!
Post a Comment