Monday, March 8, 2010

Birthday Season

Birthday season is upon us at the Davis household. Surprisingly, with seven birthdays and one anniversary, not one overlaps in the same month. The closest thing we have, is Bella's birthday in late February and mine in March and Noah's in early April. Once you throw Easter in the mix, things get a bit crazy. So this year, instead of a big party for Bella, we had a simple dinner and cupcakes with the family. Then the next week Mom and I took Bella and Micah and Nehemiah to an indoor waterpark to swim. Happy 4th Birthday Bella! Everyone enjoying Bella's present, the Littlest Pet Shop Mansion. The waterpark we went to was having a special if you wore tie-dye, since we didn't have any we made a day of tie-dying. To bad it was so cold outside I might have enjoyed it more. Then again, maybe not!
Bella loves to swim and has been talking about going to the pool for months now so this should have been the perfect gift. In theory! As it turned out, Bella and Micah turned shy at the pool and refused to go near the slides. So instead we spent an hour just relaxing in the kiddie pool and splashing in the fountains. While it wasn't exactly the way I pictured it, Bella had a great time and can't wait to go back to the pool (just as long as there are no slides)!Ray's Splash PlanetThe dreaded slides!

One happy birthday girl!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

SO cute! I love the pics of Bella & can't believe she is FOUR already! Looks like she had a wonderful birthday! I hear ya...I love to throw a big party, but this is a busy birthday season for us, too, so we are going simple as well! I need to check out Ray's looks like lots of fun! The tie-dye turned out great!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Bella!! Looks like you all had fun at Ray's. We haven't been in a LONG time. It may be time to visit again! I LOVE your tie-dye shirts too.

Celia Jimenez said...

Happy Birthday Bella! The kids were just talking about Bella in the van yesterday trying to figure out how old she is! :-) Isn't that how it always is at Rays...my kids get so excited to get there and then balk at the slides once they see them! Oh well...try again some day! :-)
Great job tie-dying, Mommy! You are so brave! :-)