Thursday, February 18, 2010

Grandparent Blessings

We have had so much going on the last few weeks I don't even know where to start. But as I was going through pictures and trying to organize all of the events of the past couple weeks, I saw a trend emerging...Grandma and Grandpa.

Grandma enjoying the tent she helped the kids build.

Grandpa playing cards. Grandma helping Noah read.The "Tickle Monster"

Enjoying a day at the park at Grandma's house. A few weeks ago Calla and Noah got to race their pinewood derby cars at the AWANA Grand Prix. Neither Jeff nor I are real car enthusiasts, but we sure do know one, Grandpa! He spent so much time with the kids helping them pick a design, shaping the wood, drilling a new wheel base for the tires, painting, sanding, adding weights and so much more. On race day, I thought those cars would fly right off the track they were going so fast. The competition was stiff this year though and the kids cars didn't win the big trophy, but I saw Grandpa checking out the winner and he sure looked like he was getting some great ideas for next year. Cutting the wood just so. Race Day! Proud Grandparents and even prouder kids show off their cars. Even Nehemiah enjoyed watching the cars race, when he wasn't chewing on his hands (he got his first 2 teeth!)

This Valentine's Day was uneventful for us. Sunday came with one pretty sick child and a commitment to work in church nursery that morning. For those of you not familiar with our church, it is very difficult to find a replacement for nursery the morning of, just because of the size of the church and its not really fair to the coordinator not to show up at all. So I took half the kids to service and nursery and Jeff stayed at home with Bella and Micah. While Valentine's Day was sort of a bust, we got our chance to celebrate on President's Day on Monday. Thanks again to Mom who came over and watched the kids while Jeff and I did some shopping, had lunch at a restaurant that didn't have a kids menu and just enjoyed each others company in peace.

Friday night is pizza night.

Noah lost his first tooth on the 13th.

Happy Valentine's Day!It Snowed!!! 10:00am 3:00 pm (gotta love the south)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Grandparents are a wonderful blessing! Looks like you guys have been having a great winter! I do love the snow before & after photos! Tell Noah congrats on his tooth! I always think it is funny that as the bigger kids are losing teeth, the babies are getting theirs!