So the first question everyone asks a pregnant woman after, oh maybe 12 weeks, is "Do you know what it is?" Now of course until you actually have an ultrasound your answer is "Not yet". Once you do find out, if you find out, the next most commonly asked question is "What are you going to name the baby?" Or my favorite "Do you have a name?" Well for all of you that just can't wait, the answer is YES, we do have a name. But no, we are not sharing it until he is born. This may seem cruel to those very close to us, such as our children who constantly try and catch me distracted so that I will slip up. Or my parents who also can't wait to hear the baby's name. But for Jeff and I, it has been a special and precious little secret to keep and we have enjoyed it
thoroughly.
But for those of you who just have to have a hint, here is what I can share. He is a he (I feel compelled to put that in here since Roger
Federer told everyone he was having a boy and then his wife had twin girls) and his name will come from the Bible and end in -a or -ah. That said, most people
immediately think that our name pool has narrowed dramatically and that we only have a handful of names to choose from. Not so, below is the list of all of the names we considered for this little guy in alphabetical order. And yes, our son's name in on the list, but I bet you will never guess.
Elijah
Ezra
Isaiah
Jedediah
Jeremiah
Jonah
Joshua
Josiah
Judah
Nehemiah
Obadiah
Tobiah
Zephaniah
Zechariah
As a special treat, here are some of the names the kids came up with for the baby.
Noah and Calla - Rainbow Bubbles Davis
Calla - Apple Cider Monkey Davis
Noah - Food Lover Davis
Bella -
Nemo Disney Davis
While these names are
definitely creative, I think we will stick to our first choice and let the kids give him a nickname.
2 comments:
I don't know, I think Apple Cider Monkey is pretty creative & very hip...isn't there a famous Apple? ;-) That is quite a list to choose from & really has LOTS of great names on it...I think I know for SURE one that it WON'T be!
Love the new blog look!
Love the kids choices! It took us FOREVER to figure out a name for our little guy. At least you already have one picked out!! :-) Can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment