Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What Happens at Grandma's...

This weekend we started out strong with a fun trip to the peach orchard for a bushel of peaches on Saturday. While our family does love fresh peaches, even we couldn't eat the over 100 that we picked. So we had even more fun sharing them with our friends and neighbors and making peach cobbler. On Sunday we headed to church and then to Grandpa and Grandma's for dinner and an ice cream social at their church. The older kids, Calla and Noah were going to spend a few nights with Grandpa and Grandma while Jeff and I got to enjoy the little ones at home. Monday Calla, Noah and Grandma headed to Dan Nicholas Park where they rode the train and the carousel, walked through the petting zoo and wildlife zoo and played putt putt. In my opinion, that is enough for about three days but you don't know my Mom and her endless energy. Once they got home, ate and changed, they picked Grandpa up and went bowling. The kids had so much fun, they even won medals, which they wore every waking moment after that. On Monday night back at home, Jeff and I left the little ones with some great friends and headed out for a date night, the first in a very long time. After dinner we strolled around the bookstore and even did a little back to school shopping for the kids. On Tuesday, Calla, Noah and Grandma went to see Surf's Up at the local theater. Then on to lunch, a little shopping, another round of putt putt at the local mini golf course and finished up the day at the park. I think I could have made all that into 2 weeks, but I digress. Here at home, we headed to playgroup at the Howards' where I thoroughly enjoyed getting to chat with some ladies that I don't often get to see. Then back home to catch up on laundry and make dinner. Finally, on Wednesday the kids were due back home. I had to take Bella to her therapy appointment so I wouldn't be home until 11:30am. No problem, my Mom said she would bring them back early this afternoon. I would think by this time that my Mom would be exhausted and ready to trade back, boy was I wrong. She took them to Reed Gold Mine where they mined for gold and found a fleck. They went through the tunnels, watched the movie and took a guided tour. Once finished, they headed for lunch and then over to my Uncle Bruce and Aunt Linda's where they all enjoyed visiting, going to yet another playground and walking up by the lake. Needless to say, the little bundles of energy never made it back home until 5:30pm. Now, I KNOW everyone involved is exhausted. I am sure Grandpa and Grandma are enjoying their quiet house. All the kids are sleeping peacefully in their beds after a warm bath. And I am looking forward to sleeping in late and doing absolutely nothing tomorrow!

2 comments:

Celia Jimenez said...

Stephanie...what a BLESSING to have Grandma so close by. Sounds like the kids had a blast!!! But was that a picture of you picking up Noah??? Girl, you are NOT to be doing that! :-)

Melanie said...

It looks like the kids had SO much fun with Grandma! We have been thinking of going to Reed Goldmine this summer, too. I remember going there as a child! I kept my flake of gold for years! I love Calla *& Noah with their medals still on at the goldmine! Hope that you had a nice break with only 2 kids!