Friday, July 10, 2009

A Week of Ups and Downs

Up - On Monday Jeff took the day off and we went to the zoo with the kids and Grandma. It was a beautiful day with temperatures in the 70's. The kids had a ball seeing all the animals and imitating them. Since we went to the NC Zoo, it takes a long time to get through it and we didn't leave until closing.
Down - All seven of us were starving and tired and starting to debate where to eat when Jeff says "we aren't going anywhere". Collective sighs and gasps! Our front driver side tire was flat and not just low flat, flat flat. Pancake on the ground flat. While Jeff diligently works at trying to jack up the van and get the old tire off, we realize the spare has not been used since 2000 when it was put under the van. We cross our fingers that it comes off and has enough air in it to get us home (about 90 miles). While Jeff struggles with the tire changing, Micah gets sick again and again. We are not sure why, but something got to him and he does not feel well at all. The tire finally gets changed after another drawn out fiasco over air pressure, we make it home to recuperate.
Down - Tuesday morning I go in for my Gestational Diabetes test and fail. Not just D+ fail or right under the cutoff (which is 134 btw) but really fail (163). So now I have to go back at the end of the week for a 3 hour test.
Up - The preparation for the 3 hour test is to load up on carbs for 3 days prior. Therefore, by doctors orders I must eat pasta, breads, chips, ice cream, cake, etc. until Friday, bummer:)
Down - We spent the rest of Tuesday, Jeff's last day off, in Sam's Club getting two new tires put on the van. At least the giant soft pretzels were good.
Up - Wednesday the kids and me and my Mom all head downtown on the Lynx train to Discovery Place to enjoy the morning. The new pirate exhibit is open and fantastic. Calla and Noah loved the wind tunnel, it simulates a catagory one hurricane with winds up to 75 mph.
Down - Jeff's car has no AC and we have to take it to the shop Thursday night which leaves us with one vehicle for Friday. Never fun, at least the van has new tires.
Down - Friday morning I go in for my 3 hour Glucose test. After 4 vials of blood, 15 hours of fasting, and countless Parenting and Pregnancy magazines I find out that I must wait 4 days for the results. Fingers crossed it comes back normal.
Up - Thanks to continuing ed, Jeff got home early Friday. We had pizza for dinner and the kids were so tired they were in bed by 8:00pm.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Awwww Stephanie, I'm so sorry for the flat tire saga & I am praying you passed that test!
I <3 the Zoo pictures, little Micah in that egg is precious!!
I am always amazed at all of the fun outings that you guys manage to plan & do! I don't know how you get it all done, but your kids are so blessed to have such wonderful parents!

Celia Jimenez said...

Stephanie...doesn't it seem that normal "downs" are worse when we're pregnant? I failed my one hour as well (never have before) but did okay on the three hour!! I'll definitely be praying for you, I know its such a bummer!!!
Kuddos to you for going to the Zoo AND Discovery..you are one amazing mommy!!!