With summer winding down and school fast approaching, I thought I would revisit some of our favorite memories over the last few weeks. Whether that is endless trips to the park with siblings...
My future Tony Hawk:)
or with friends.
Sharing a snack...
or just having fun, I think this summer we did it all!
Noah and Micah LOVED fishing in the lake, while Nehemiah and friends swam waded.
The boys even caught a couple of fish each!
One sunny afternoon, Micah came in to tell me that Lily (our 6-year-old neighbor) just taught him to ride a bike without training wheels. Since it had only been about 10 minutes that they were outside playing, I was a bit skeptical. But I should know by now, when this kid has his mind set to something, it gets done! Seeing is believing.
We also had a summer garage sale to make room for baby, or rather to get rid of a bunch of unused toys and furniture so that baby has a room:)
While the sale was a total bust (we made less than the girls lemonade stand) we did get a bit of satisfaction giving everything to charity.
Although the girls made more money than us, really who could resist those smiles? Toward the end of the sale, the lemonade seemed to be running out, but I think we found the culprit.
The boys also got a MUCH needed haircut for school and really just for me!
The kids also had a ball at Carowinds. With my mom's season pass she was able to take each child by themselves for a whole day of swimming and thrill rides. Noah and Calla each closed the park down, while Bella and the little boys spent tons of time in the waterpark. It was a great day for each of them both at the park and to spend it with grandma. I wish I had a picture of just one of their experiences, however, my mom is not quite as attached to her camera as Jeff and I:)
We enjoyed long days at the pool with great friends as well.
The three amigos.
And summer cookouts.
Yep, definitely a good day!
Then on to swimming lessons...
more park days (that is daredevil Micah at the top of the monkey bars)...
and Popsicles on the front porch with grandma.
And to wrap up our crazy, maybe-not-so-lazy summer days, a little taste of fall...
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON!

4 comments:
What an awesome summer! I know you're ready for school and Lyla to be here! Another Davis adventure coming up!
Y'all HAVE had a GREAT summer! I know you're sad it's over, but ready for what the fall will bring! Can't wait to welcome Lyla!!!!
Ah, what a wonderfully fantastic summer! Looks like you guys made the most of every day & had so much fun being active & being together! We started back to school this week & I am already dreaming about next year's summer break! I love all of the sweet moments you captured on camera! Amazing about the neighbor teaching Micah to ride a bike, that is too cute! And how awesome of your mom to make special one-on-one time for each of the kiddoes! What a fabulous idea! Well, now it's time for back-to-school & for baby Lyla to make her debut! Can't wait to meet her!
Okay...when did y'all have time to BREATH this summer?? :-) Definitely lots of memories for the kids!
But I have a bone to pick with you now...um, I wish I had been invited to your YARD SALE!!!! It looked like there was a ton of stuff that we would've gladly bought! But on top of that...can we please be your charity donated to next time!!!??? :-)
And, give me the number of the lil neighbor girl...we need some help over here!!! Does she charge for lessons?
Such a fun post...cannot wait to meet sweet baby!
Post a Comment