Thursday, December 15, 2011

Calla and Bella's Christmas Tea

Last week we had our much anticipated Christmas Tea for our friends and neighbors. It involves all things girly: frilly dresses, fancy food and lots of giggly friends! Maybe that is why it is one of my favorite events of the year.
This year I asked Calla to help me decorate the table and left her in charge of the centerpiece. With the only instructions being that it had to fit on the cake plate, Calla came up with this adorable Pet Shop nativity!

Since I try and invite girls Calla and Bella's age, we easily split the group of 11 into two groups. Above were the younger girls, Bella, Paige, Darcy and Carolina and below were the older girls, Calla, Elizabeth, Olivia, Caroline, Claire, Anna, and Sophie.

We also did a fun craft, making our own I SPY ornaments by filling glass balls with fake snow and adding little trinkets to find.

Getting the snow in was by far the hardest part.

A little help never hurts.

Sophie showing off the finished ornament.

Sweet Little Ladies!
We had so much fun that later that same week we did the whole tea party again for our neighbors.

Above Bella, Lydia, Abigail and Aleathia get ready to start the festivities.

In this group of young ladies Calla is the youngest (except for Caroline). Arianna, Madyson, Calla, Caroline and Taylor all prim and proper before we serve tea.

Soon the craft starts and chaos breaks free!

The little brothers, Jonas and Nehemiah, came down to help "clean up" any cookies the girls may have left:)

Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

wonderful idea! i love that your girls each had their own tables with friends to laugh and eat with. i'm tucking this away for another five years from now when annalyse and i can host a christmas tea... so super cute!

Melanie said...

Always a highlight of our Advent season! The girls & I had so much fun attending the very fun & girly tea! And I LOVE that you did it again for your neighbors, too! You girls are definitely the hostesses with the mostesses!

The Halsey's said...

Looks like everyone had fun.

Jenny said...

Awww...what a FUN afternoon! I'm with Sarah...I cannot wait for Sophie to get a little bigger and host a sweet tea party for her friends!

Celia Jimenez said...

Ha...I love that littlest pet shop made it into the nativity scene! :-) So creative! And...what a great idea for the craft! How fun!