It has been a crazy, crazy few weeks in the Davis household, even more so than usual! As a woman not normally prone to "stressing out" I have certainly become familiar with the term this week.
A couple of weeks ago, Jeff found us an awesome and much needed van. While I was hoping for a basic 12 passenger van, maybe 6 or 7 years old with less than 90K miles. God supplied us with a beautiful 2007 van with 54K and tons and tons and tons of bells and whistles. Tinted windows, custom pinstripe, DVD, CD, satellite tv and radio, navigation, backup camera, and one heck of a security system. When the poor kids get to close outside, it beeps to let them know:) That was definitely the good, the stress came when the Post Office lost our overnight express package, with our cashiers check for the cost of the van! Then shipping was backed up due to the weekend. Finally because of the fact that we bought it in FL but need to register it here, I am still dealing with getting all the paperwork together to register it in our names and finally drive it.
Also, last week I had to take my Gestational Diabetes screening (1-hour) test to see if I would need the more involved diagnostic (3-hour) test. Of course I failed! No real surprise there, I haven't passed it since Noah. After a worrisome weekend, I took the 3-hour test and failed again. I know that I look at this as a negative because of the crappy diet (basically less than 100 carbs a day) and the countless extra appointments. But I know in my heart that God has a better plan for me from this experience, like a healthier pregnancy and better nutritional guidelines to live by. Still, hard to swallow, pardon the pun.
The Awana Grand Prix was also a highlight of the last few weeks. Definitely a happy night. While Noah's car got second twice, Calla's went on to win 3rd over all the TNT cars! She was ecstatic and while the night ran late, we left just after 9:15, Grandma and Grandpa (the brains and brawn behind the winning car) definitely seemed to enjoy themselves.
Calla's final race to determine place.
And while it seems that some things took much longer than necessary or didn't work out in my favor I know that God has a plan and I have been clinging to His word this week. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
2 comments:
Amen & amen! God's ways are not always our ways, but everything does always work out! LOVE the new van, how snazzy! Can't wait to see it in person! How awesome for God to meet that need in such a BIG way! Bummer on the GD, praying for you & your baby bean! Congrats again to Calla on the 3rd place finish!! We were so proud of her, too!
Girl...the new van looks like such an sweet ride! I KNOW you all are going to enjoy it so...much!!!
Post a Comment