Friday, October 29, 2010

4th Annual Pumpkin Carve

Whew!!! What a year for a Pumpkin Carve, the weather was perfect, the food was plentiful and everyone from our Sunday School came out (and I do mean everyone). As Jeff and I planned for our yearly event, the RSVPs kept rolling in, 40 then 50 then 60 then...who knows. As the anticipation grew, so did the guest list and the final tally did not disappoint, 80 people including our crew. Now some may cringe at 8o people in their house, but take heart only 30 of those were adults, wait so 50 kids, is that better or worse? Well we thought it was pretty great. The kids enjoyed pumpkin games and bobbing for apples before we dug into the carving, quite literally. After the kids had carved their pumpkins and only the serious carvers were left, Jeff started "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" on a projector outside. While serving 50 children popcorn outside (and not having to vacuum it up this year) was a blessing, the sound goofing up was not. But then there is always something to improve next year, and we look forward to the challenge!

The calm before the chaos.

The chaos!

Ahh, sweet victory!

The mommies and the littlest pumpkins.

Watching the movie.

A job well done!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A job well done - indeed - by the hosts!! We LOVE your annual pumpkin carve and it was truely the highlight of the season!! Garrett says,"I had lots of fun!" can't wait for next year!

Jenny said...

You guys ROCK!! We had the best time and can't wait until next year!!!!!!!!!

Melanie said...

I agree with Rebecca, the Pumpkin Carve is truly a highlight of the season!
And, I agree with Jenny, YOU GUYS ROCK for pulling it off & making it look SO easy...though I know that hosting 80 adults & kids most definitely is NOT easy! Hope the clean-up wasn't too bad & we are already looking forward to next year's carve! Thanks for a great evening!