I am beginning to feel like we live in a fairy tale...maybe I should qualify that! You know the part in Snow White where the she finds the dwarfs cottage and all the animals come to greet her? I think we may live there. Although at the moment we are "short" a few dwarfs! The last week has been incredible, we have seen a doe and her TWO fawns come around several times, once within petting distance. A bunny rabbit has been by right outside our window to munch on some plants and the hummingbirds (or honeybirds as they are affectionately known here) have taken up residence nearby and come to feed at our hummingbird feeder a few dozen times a day. Even the butterflies and dragonflies are enjoying all of the delicious flowers in the back yard. Who needs the zoo, when you have a wildlife refuge out back?
In other news, I found a very useful craft idea for reducing our carbon footprint, just a bit. With each passing year our family tries to adopt one or two more ways to become more environmentally conscious and with each new baby, that task becomes even more challenging. This week it was the "One Cup A Day" rule. I found this cute craft and tweaked it for our family and our available craft supplies. It is a cup mat that each child can put their cup on when they are done using it and know where it is when they want another drink. Hopefully this will end the days of one dishwasher load full of just cups!
I am a wife to my wonderful husband Jeff, mother to our seven loving children Calla 10, Noah 8, Bella 6, Micah 5, Nehemiah 3, Elijah one and sweet baby Lyla, but most importantly a daughter in Christ who gives me strength. We moved from northeast Ohio mostly to escape the cold weather and find good jobs. In addition to that, what we found was a wonderful small town filled with charm, history, friendly neighbors and mild winters!
No comments:
Post a Comment