Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Camera...Gotta Use It!!

Jeff loves photography and for anyone who has been on vacation with us knows, he loves to take pictures...lots and lots of pictures. For the past year or so he has been interested in getting a new camera, one with a bit more zoom and a higher mega pixel. On Tuesday night we found it. It was a Nikon (our other camera was a Kodak) and it had more mega pixels and a higher zoom (both necessities on Jeff's list). The good news was that it was on sale at Amazon.com, the bad news is that we needed it by Thursday morning in order to take it to the beach. Well as luck would have it, it came early Thursday and Jeff got the whole beautiful weekend at the beach to test it out. Myrtle Beach was gorgeous! Perfect weather with just enough of a breeze to keep the kites up. We spent tons of time swimming, Jeff and I in the indoor pools, the kids in the ocean! I have several pictures of Noah freezing in the ocean water, but he just couldn't stay out of it, he had so much fun. Bella on the other hand, still wanted nothing to do with the ocean (this has been a reoccurring theme the last few years for her). Micah, who usually takes her lead, chose instead to strike out on his own and spent the better part of the afternoon in the ocean. And lest none of you worry about Nehemiah and his delicate skin, I made sure he had plenty of baby sunblock on as well as a wide brimmed hat. Not that it mattered much since he fell asleep and spent the day under a blanket and large umbrella. On Saturday, my cousin and her daughter who live a bit south of Myrtle Beach, came to spend the day at the beach with our family and my parents. My Mom and Steve came to the beach the same weekend and spent most of their time bike riding. So it was quite a family affair. After an exhausting day playing in the sand, eating pizza and ice cream and flying kites, we headed home Sunday morning. While I miss the beach already, I know that with the new camera on hand, it won't be long till we are there again. YUM!! Before we got our kites up, Jeff wrote "Love Is" in the sand near the water. He never finished the phrase, but my mom took a picture of us from her room later that day and got the whole family in it. I think it is pretty obvious what Love is.
Flying our kites until it was to dark to see them. Calla showing off her shell collection. Noah in the ocean, which according to the weatherman was a balmy 69 degrees!
Grandpa and Bella, far from the ocean, just the way they like it:)
Grandma with Nemi and his silly hat.
Micah with a silly hat of his own.
I don't know what sport this is, but it looks crazy.
Calla and her cousin Erica Noah freezing again.
Micah enjoying the view.
Mommy and Bella
After blue snow cones.
My cousin Jennifer and Erica saying goodbye until next time.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yay for the new camera! I know you guys are going to enjoy it!! Gorgeous photos & it looks like the trip was wonderful! Your kids are all so cute & I love how their individual personalities show in the photos!