
In our home, the Christmas season always brings with it plenty of holiday cheer and a packed schedule. From putting up the Christmas decorations to wrapping gifts and baking cookies, every week holds a new seasonal event. My favorite Christmas kickoff event is the frantic and hurried trip out to the stores on Black Friday. This year I had to be extra prepared and on schedule since Jeff had to leave for work at 7:00am. However, I was still able to get out at 4:30am, shop, stand in ridiculous lines with other nutty shoppers and still get home by seven. Some people hate the crowds (well let's face it, most people), but I love the frenzied atmosphere.
The next day we headed to South Carolina to cut down our Christmas tree. Unfortunately the trees were so effected by the drought a few years ago, that they were much shorter than in years past. I guess we can live with a six footer this year. What we couldn't live with is the broken tree stand that leaked water all over the floor for three days before we found it. Now that the stand is fixed, the tree leans, go figure.

Look how we've grown!

This is it.

Going...going...

Gone

A treat for a job well done!

Next we visited Santa at a Hometown Christmas celebration in
Albemarle. All the kids got to tell him what they wanted this year. Bella wanted a treat (a cookie I think), Calla wanted a basket with a beautiful ribbon (?), Noah wanted a Mario game (for a game system we do not have), and Micah wanted candy corn! Nehemiah didn't have much to say, but seemed to enjoy being held by both Santa and Mrs. Claus.



We spent one weekend putting up Christmas decorations outside, some of which have blown over after this week's big storm. This past weekend I got to go to a cookie exchange and enjoy the company of some fun ladies and play crazy games and eat delicious cookies. We also attended an elegant Christmas party for our Sunday School class. Not only was the food amazing, but the entertainment was hilarious. Watching the Twelve Days of Christmas acted out by a majority of men was a rare treat.
Grandma helping to decorate the gingerbread house.

But it is not just Jeff and I participating in all of the holiday fun, we have done a couple Christmas themed playgroups as well where the kids made cinnamon ornaments and decorated a gingerbread train one week and had a toy exchange the next. While I do enjoy all of the festivities of the season, it is most important to remember that Christ is the center of Christmas and that this is the highest priority of our holiday!

Micah with his
Cinnamon dough.

Boy this candy looks good enough to eat.

No comments:
Post a Comment