Monday, January 19, 2009

Imperfection is a Blessing

This week had so many up and downs I just wasn't sure how to chronicle them all, so I will hit the highlights. First off the things that bugged me and how God used them to remind me of his perfect plan for my life. Bella broke 3 DVD's this week (yep, just took them out of the case and snapped them in half)---Thank you God for reminding me that material things are temporary and how petty a few broken movies are when I can hold my whole daughter in my arms. We made 3 expensive trips to the grocery store in as many days because every one of our children is going through a growth spurt---Thank you Lord that our children are growing strong and healthy everyday. Micah woke us up (and Bella and Noah) at 1:30 and 4:30 all week---Thank you God that our children are safe in their beds (or our bed!) And thank you for the precious calm that comes early in the morning that I can spend with you. Our Storm Water runoff creek next to our house has sprouted a dam that barely allows water through, which in turn rises higher and higher next to our house---Thank you Lord for a government to oversee our city, state, nation that is there to help us out. The city manager sent someone that afternoon to look at our situation and will be back with burly men to fix it. I bought a new fabric softener that caused the kids to either break out in a rash or get a serious case of the itchies, including Jeff and now I must ditch my mega bottle of softener (purchased at Sams no less so there is enough for 180 loads!) but I must rewash 14 loads of laundry---Thank you God for a family to wash clothes for, for fresh hot water and for Sams Club! And one of my favorite things from this week was a recipe Calla wrote for me (transcribed exactly as it was written for me)
Cocholet Pie
1 1/2 of shugr
1 pees (piece I think) of flawer
2 cups of milk
2 1/2 cups of chochulet chips
4 cups of water
3 cups of creem
I cannot wait to try this one out. What a sweetheart!! I have thoroughly enjoyed this long weekend even though less than half of my list got done and there are dirty dishes in the sink, laundry to put away, and baths that didn't get taken, because even though it didn't turn out the way I thought it should, it was perfect!!

No comments: