`

OK so I have to admit, part of the reason I wanted to start a blog was to keep up with the kids and all the funny and amazing things they do. I know I should be writing all of this in their baby book, but that is so last century! Instead, I figure I will just keep track of everything online and then print it all out neatly and put it in their baby books later. Ha, like my Mom would let me get away with that. At least this way when I do get around to filling them out, I can at least go back and see who did what and when. Since I have all of 9 months of Calla's baby book, 2 months of Noah's, some sticky post it notes in a box for Bella and my memory for all of Micah's firsts, I thought a blog might not be a bad idea. So, instead of going through our whole holiday happenings and our Disney trip, the Christmas concert Calla was in, our trip to Charleston and the New Year's Eve Party we hosted, I thought I would focus on just one small event...Calla's Christmas Tea. Incidently, if you are interested in pictures of the above events, here is the link to the Disney pictures
http://picasaweb.google.com/audacy/DisneyThanksgiving08?authkey=f5TChFz3Vhc&feat=directlink and to Christmas and New Year's
http://picasaweb.google.com/audacy/ChristmasAndNewYear?feat=directlink

Calla is such a girly girl who loves frilly dresses and patent leather shoes. I thought it might be a fun idea this Christmas to host a formal Tea for all of her neighborhood friends. Calla created the most beautiful homemade glittery invitations one has ever seen. Then she walked around the neighborhood and hand delivered them to each young lady, of course is there any other way?? Next we got busy on all of the delicious treats and most importantly, the outfit she was going to wear. When the big day came, Calla's friends all enjoyed a lovely tea party were we discussed proper etiquette and drank from the fine china with our pinkies up. While this might sound idyllic, reality soon set in and they all went upstairs to sing Hannah Montana songs and dance, they are 6 year old girls after all. It was a lovely party, a fun day, a cherished memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment