Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas/New Year Wrap-Up

For some reason I have completely misplaced all of our pictures from Christmas day. I am sure they will turn up sometime...in June. So I have given up looking and I am moving on to our last big December event, New Year's Eve. But first a few random pictures of us making Christmas goodies.

The Joneses joined us to make some yummy Christmas candies, Rudolph Turtles and Pretzel Buckeyes.

Even the guys got involved, well maybe not with the actual cooking but definitely with the entertainment!

The next day we made sugar cookies and decorated them, we tried hard not to eat our weight in sprinkles, but I think we lost that battle:)

Then finally, the New Year's Eve party. Jeff created some awesome "minute to win it" type games in honor of the 2012 Olympics.

Here is playing card BASKETBALL.

Ping pong TRIPLE JUMP.

Dice BALANCE BEAM.

The teams were girls vs. boys and girls won! (of course)

Before the traditional ball drop, all the kids got to decorate their cup for their sparkling cider.
Happy New Year!
The balloon ball dropped just before 9:00 so that everyone could get their little ones home for bed.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

oooooo! i'm liking the creativity for new years eve, and just so i'm honest upfront, will likely be copying some of those ideas in the future! :) and, best of luck finding those missing pictures. i look forward to seeing them in the blazing hot heat of june when i'm longing to wear long sleeves and think of christmas. :)

Melanie said...

I agree with Sarah, how fun it will be to see Christmas in June...oh wait, that's probably when I will be blogging our Christmas, too & I didn't lose our pictures! LOL!
Love the pics from NYE & the awesome Minute to Win It games..they always make for such fun party games!! Sorry that we missed this year, but looks like it was a GREAT evening!!