Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Parties, Parades and more Pumpkins (October Wrap-up)

I had hoped to being writing a post filled with breathtaking hot air balloon pictures and picturesque countryside. However, since we spent our Saturday on the side of the interstate instead of at the Hot Air Balloon Festival in Anderson, SC I have decided to go with a wrap up of our October instead. By the way, our van is being fixed as I write and boy do I miss having transportation. Praise God for the blessing of good friends who came to pick us up on the highway and also friends that took us to church Sunday!
Well October is full of birthdays for friends and family. It was Grandpa's birthday in the beginning of the month and Jeff's at the end. We had a great time celebrating both as well as some fun kids parties. One friend hosted an adorable tea party for her daughters 5th birthday. The girls and I had a ball dressing up and drinking tea and the boys had a man-day at Lowes Home Improvement making a flying bat project.
Jeff's cake and presents.

The girls ready for their tea party at the Joneses.

The week before Halloween, we went to Albemarle for their annual Halloween parade (which all costumed kids could march in) and then Trick or Treating at several local businesses downtown. After a full afternoon of marching and candy we went to visit the pharmacy where my mom works part time and of course, they had candy for the kids as well...lots of candy.

Marching in the parade, Nehemiah had to be Charlie Brown again because it was much to hot for his dragon costume.

Then Saturday, strangely enough, we had nothing to do! Calla's friend Taylor came over and the girls carved a pumpkin all by themselves. They found a cute template, took turns cutting and then proudly displayed their pumpkin, candle and all.
Now that we are well into November, I think I will have to start a post about something other than Halloween or pumpkins:)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What a fun wrap-up! I love all of the pumpkin posts, this is such a fun time of year! And you guys always find the most interesting things to do! I hadn't heard about your van troubles this weekend, but I'm so sorry & hope that all is back to normal for you soon! Car troubles are the pits!