Monday, October 26, 2009

3rd Annual Pumpkin Carve

This Saturday we hosted our third annual pumpkin carving party with our Sunday School class. With a turnout of over forty people, it was definitely the biggest one yet and in our family the motto is "the more the merrier". After dinner and a few animated games of pumpkin bowling, we headed back to carve pumpkins and bob for apples (individually of course, it is flu season!). As it is every year, the parents seem to get into the carving much more than the kids. There is always a friendly competition going for most creative pumpkin and this year was no exception. We had a lot of talented adults and kids alike that made some amazing jack-o-lanterns. But don't take my word for it, judge for yourself.

2 comments:

Celia Jimenez said...

Stephanie...you just had a baby and already you are back in the action! I'm so impressed! I loved the picture of Jessica so intent on making the "perfect" pumpkin...classic! Looks like it was a fun time!

Melanie said...

What a great night! Thanks Davises for hosting such a fun annual event! I'm so thankful that we have been a part of it from the beginning! I've talked to several people recently who have said, "wouldn't it be fun to do a pumpkin carving party...." and I can say Yes it is fun because we always have a wonderful time at yours!